Associate Director, Gift Accounting & Reporting
|Reports to||Director, Annual Fund & Operations|
|Work Schedule||Full time/40 hours a week – Monday to Friday; some evenings and weekends required.|
|Work Location||Los Angeles|
|Compensation||Starting at $1,442.31/week, equivalent to $75,000.12 annualized.|
About The Company
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential non-profit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, the Mark Taper Forum and the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes and in the community.
Center Theatre Group seeks an Associate Director, Gift Accounting & Reporting to join the company’s Institutional Advancement team, reporting to the Director, Annual Fund & Operations. This position will oversee gift accounting systems and reporting infrastructure for the Institutional Advancement department through the Tessitura CRM database. In addition to cultivating a data-driven culture on the entire team by training and empowering staff, the Associate Director will directly supervise and mentor a Gift Operations & Data Analyst.
- Collaborate with Director with risk assessment and overall budget reporting needs for executive leadership and Board of Directors.
- Manage in-depth reporting and analysis needs, including standard revenue pacing reports, cash flow, P&L tracking, and portfolio activity metrics.
- Supervise Gift Accounting & Data Analyst to ensure timely and accurate gift accounting systems, including processing, pledge invoicing and reconciliation, and updating patron/gift records in Tessitura database.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of income and expenses, including the review of net asset funds to be released in accordance with Finance procedures.
- Work as Advancement lead with web team with the integration of Tessitura, Classy, and CTG website including developing and troubleshooting new web functionality and/or pages.
- Collaborate with team on CTG’s telefunding operations, including electronic lead management and reporting.
- Plan and execute mass data updates to donor records including solicitation management plans, RSVP tracking systems, wealth ratings and rankings, and ad hoc data appends.
- Oversee department’s implementation and use of recurring, scheduled reports and dashboards and update criteria as needed.
- Work alongside Director and Info Systems team in the design and implementation of new reporting tools used to track all fundraising efforts.
- Participate in the Tessitura Power Users Group and actively maintain a thorough understanding of any changes to the Tessitura application to bring organization-wide best practices to the department.
- Lead onboarding of new staff members with training of database operation standards.
- Maintain up to date documentation for all standard operating procedures including customized practices used by the Advancement team.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and values as well as demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture.
- Attend and work special events throughout the season; some nights and weekends required.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
3+ years’ working experience managing fundraising or database operations is required. Applicants who are experienced users of the Tessitura CRM system will be given priority. Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred. An understanding of SQL and advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a plus. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, be able to multi-task and work with competing deadlines and have an interest in supporting the mission of Center Theatre Group.
- Ability to sit, type and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
It is CTG’s intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster). New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the first date of employment.
CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter as PDF attachments along with salary desired to ADVANCEMENTJOBS@CTGLA.ORG, and use the subject line AD GIFT ACCOUNTING. In the cover letter, tell us why you are the ideal person for this job, indicate how you became aware of this position (i.e., name of website, current employee, other source), and provide your desired salary. No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote, and embrace a diverse workforce.