Digital Product Manager
|Reports to||Director of Communications|
|Status||Exempt, Salary, Benefits Eligible|
About The Company
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Michael Ritchie and Managing Director/CEO Meghan Pressman, we recognize that our mission is only fully realized with the passionate efforts of our more than 180 full- and part-time staff. We collaborate across the organization to proudly continue our more than 50-year tradition of using the art of theatre to broaden horizons and illuminate new perspectives, be it on our stages, in communities across L.A., or with artists and theatre partners around the world.
As staff, we embrace our differences, celebrate our individuality, and share in our passion for art all while balancing professionalism and fun. We come together to see the shows across our stages, monthly all-staff meetings to share the latest happenings across the organization, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, opportunities to watch readings and rehearsals of new works, volunteer efforts around L.A., our hotly anticipated annual holiday party, playing with and cheering on our staff softball team, and outings to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers. And most importantly, we’re committed to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work, including through our staff-led Affinity Groups.
At Center Theatre Group, we aim to attract, nurture, and retain staff in a supportive home where we can all be our best selves. And we ensure that our staff, audiences, and artists are appreciated, empowered, and inspired.
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for overseeing Center Theatre Group’s digital projects across channels, including CenterTheatreGroup.org, mobile applications, email marketing systems, etc. This position will be the primary content manager on CenterTheatreGroup.org and manage and edit the hierarchy of programs and messages on the website, while adhering to and advising on best SEO/SEM practices. This position will also be responsible for ensuring digital accuracy and monitoring performance during non-business hours (including possible holidays).
The Digital Product Manager will also work with the Director of Communications to steer the development of new digital products and optimizations of existing ones that touch all points of the Center Theatre Group patron journey. All efforts will be focused on delivering digital experiences and content across multiple platforms from online websites to mobile apps, digital communications, and beyond. This individual is also responsible for working cross-departmentally on the creation of integrated project plans and executing and/or driving tasks to completion, drafting business requirements, creating test plans, and developing use case scenarios for various test phases such as usability and beta testing. These tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Manage, create, and align content across digital channels to ensure that messaging is consistent and engaging. Edit and proofread all website content.
- Maintain accuracy and timely upkeep of all primary and ancillary information (visitor information, dining options, performance dates and times, billing, etc.) on digital channels (website, mobile applications, emails, etc.).
- Hands-on building and execution of website promotions, email, and e-newsletters while advising on best digital practices and strategy.
- Project manage support of the discovery, definition, design, architecture, development, and deployment of new products, features, and services.
- Track and report on all digital metrics (web traffic, web-based sales trends, social media analytics, etc.).
- Work closely with the Director of Communications in leading a cross-departmental team in order to coordinate digital projects, including but not limited to all website activity.
- Assure digital content is archived for future needs and reference.
- Act as primary liaison with Center Theatre Group’s web design firm and in-house technical team(s) in conjunction with the Director of Communications to maintain website standards and guide new development.
- Administer the organization’s email marketing platform and its integration with internal digital infrastructure.
- Manage the creation and updating of documentation and training the staff on digital best practices and digital systems, including the organization’s ticketing system in concert with the Information Systems department.
- Work with the Communications department in ensuring that all digital materials are well written and proofed for accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications in tracking all digital project budgets and progress.
- As needed, handle digital photo retouching and graphics creation in collaboration with the Graphics department.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
- Knowledge and essential skills
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems
- Advanced knowledge of CSS
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of web standards (W3C and accessibility)
- Basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Strong familiarity with technology (web, mobile applications)
- Experience using Google Tag Manager
- Tessitura or previous CRM/database experience (Patron’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.)
- Previous experience project managing digital work across an organization
- Cursory knowledge of PHP and XML
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
- Minimum of 2–4 years of experience in digital media content or similar field, preferably within the arts and entertainment industry
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Must be able to easily travel to, within and around a variety of locations, both interior and exterior for meetings, events, and other job-related activities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a real-time medium
- Education, Experience and Licensing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Center Theatre Group also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Introduce yourself by telling us your story and why you are the ideal person for this position. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter along with salary requirement to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email. Due to the high volume of submissions received, emails without all of the above information may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this job opportunity, e.g. name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote, and embrace a diverse workforce.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit resumes with salary requirements to:
- Email CTGJobs@CTGLA.org (Subject Line should be the job title)
- Via Post Mail:
Center Theatre Group
Attn: Human Resources
601 W Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012