Donor Liaison and Institutional Advancement Assistant
|Reports to||Director of Major and Planned Gifts|
|Work Schedule||Full time/40 hours a week – Monday to Friday; some evenings and weekends required|
|Work Location||Los Angeles|
|Compensation||Hourly. Starts at $24.04/hour, equivalent to $50,003.20 annualized.|
About The Company
Center Theatre Group (CTG) is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As CTG enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
CTG commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion permeate all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes and in the community.
Center Theatre Group seeks a poised, organized, and personable individual to join the company’s Institutional Advancement team as a Donor Liaison and Institutional Advancement Assistant. The position reports to the Acting Director of Institutional Advancement and is part of a team that is responsible for raising $15 million annually.
- Assist with ad hoc stewardship needs and ticket requests for Board members, major donors, and prospects.
- Manage pledge reminders and invoice letter process for all outstanding pledge payments in coordination with fundraising staff.
- Manage a channel of credit card gifts as gift processor, working with Gift Accounting & Reporting Senior Analyst.
- Manage and reconcile credit card decline follow-ups with donors and front-line team.
- Manage monthly donor reports and coordinate Founders Membership giving updates and invoice payment with Music Center.
- Answer phones, schedule meetings, draft correspondence and meeting notes, and provide other administrative support for the front-line fundraisers and other team members.
- Reconcile department credit card and manage monthly expense reports and receipts.
- Coordinate departmental and interdepartmental meetings and activities.
- Serve as coordinator/point person on Membership Concierge phone line.
- Support researcher to create donor profiles and briefings for senior staff, as needed.
- Assist with gift processing and data entry, as needed.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and values along with an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture.
- Attend and work special events, including check-in staffing, throughout the season.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Strong customer service and people skills with the ability to converse and solicit gifts. Prior customer service and administrative support experience preferred; experience at a nonprofit or performing arts organization is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database systems such as Tessitura preferred. Strong writing and organizational skills as well as a keen attention to detail are essential. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, dependable, and have a great sense of humor.
Ability to sit, type and work at a computer for extended periods of time. Ability to lift, carry up to 25 pounds. Clean driving records and valid driver’s license if traveling on company business. Ability to travel between CTG work locations. Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week with flexibility to work overtime as needed. Ability to communicate through incoming and outgoing phone calls.
CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a paid lunch hour, retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program. The rate starts at $24.04/hour ($50,003.20 annualized) for this position.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
It is CTG’s intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster). New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination including booster (if eligible) prior to the first date of employment.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary desired to ADVANCEMENTJOBS@CTGLA.ORG, and use the subject line DONOR LIAISON/IA ASST. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. In the cover letter, tell us why you are the ideal person for this job and please indicate how you became aware of this position, i.e., name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.