|Reports to||Senior Manager, Marketing Events & Partnerships|
|Work Schedule||Full time/40 hours a week – Monday to Friday; some evenings and weekends required.|
|Work Location||Los Angeles. Hybrid work from home and in person but subject to change.|
|Compensation||Starts $21.64/hour, equivalent to $45,011.20 annualized|
About The Company
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential non-profit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, the Mark Taper Forum, and the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it is producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture, and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
Center Theatre Group seeks a Marketing Coordinator to support the Senior Manager, Marketing Events & Partnerships as well as the Senior Groups Sales Manager and the marketing department as needed. They will assist with organization and execution of Opening Nights, Marketing, Groups Sales Events as well as supporting Access performances throughout the season. In addition, they will also assist the Associate Director, Marketing Operations with any administrative duties.
- Assist Senior Manager, Marketing Events & Partnerships with all Opening Nights, including invite lists, seating, and maintaining RSVPs with the goal that the productions have full and representative houses.
- Assist with managing and planning Opening Night cast parties at the Ahmanson.
- Assist with planning and execution of marketing and groups sales events (i.e. AmEx Card Members, Account Partner, Marketing Community Events, etc.) Assist with monitoring the budget and invoicing.
- Assist with the administration of FreePlay and In The House by selecting dates and work with the Ticket Operations team to secure allotment of tickets.
- Assist with identifying strong and meaningful partnerships with third party vendors, community organizations, and arts partners to promote CTG to reach sales and maximize opportunities to create audiences in our theatre.
- Assist with the coordination of Access Events, our program to accommodate persons requiring mobility, vision, and hearing access. Schedule Access providers and handle invoicing, and relevant memos.
- Coordinate all of the ticket donations including identifying organization recipients and sending out all gift certificates.
- Facilitate creation of promo codes and other unique ticketing mechanisms in partnership with the Ticket Operations team.
- Manage creation, within our project management system, of marketing materials such as eblasts, flyers, and graphics to promote Account Sales offers.
- Assist with follow-up of Account Sales events and any other communications.
- Work closely with the Webmaster to maintain corporate webpages for the department’s clients.
- Work closely with the Webmaster to maintain subscription webpages.
- Collaborate to plan and execute strategies for customer retention and loyalty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate closely with members of the Marketing, Communications, Institutional Advancement, and Education teams to ensure alignment of all patron communication activities.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant administrative and event experience.
- Superb organizational skills and attend to detail
- Technical savvy
- A sense of humor, ability to maintain flexibility in the work environment and handle multiple tasks, and willingness to take initiative and work independently are essential
- The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator, and problem solver with both a creative mind and analytical skillset, and a passion for the mission of Center Theatre Group
- Ability to sit, type, and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry 30lbs
- Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week and need to be present for evening events. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, paid lunch hour, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance program.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
It is CTG’s intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including booster. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination and booster (if eligible) prior to the first date of employment.
How To Apply
Tell us why you are the ideal person for this job.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary desired to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to the heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote, and embrace a diverse workforce.