|Reports to||Head Electrician|
|Work Schedule||Part Time and project based. Scheduled weekly M-F daytime hours with the possibility of weekends and evenings.|
|Work Location||Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City|
|Compensation||$20 per hour|
|Benefit Status||Not Eligible|
About The Company
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential non-profit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, the Mark Taper Forum and the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes and in the community.
Overhire Electricians are project-based team members working under the supervision of the Head Electrician installing, troubleshooting, and loading-out theatrical lighting equipment at the Kirk Douglas Theatre located in Culver City. Overhire Electricians also clean and maintain gear, organize lighting storage areas and setup, and strike ancillary equipment for technical rehearsals, such as tables and remote lighting consoles.
- Hang, circuit, focus and troubleshoot theatrical lighting equipment including conventional, LED and automated fixtures.
- Install set and prop mounted lights and wire practicals. Place cue, running, and work lights.
- Clean and maintain lighting equipment, cut gel, and replace lamps as needed.
- Move equipment around the theatre and load and unload trucks with lighting and other materials as needed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient work environment by putting away tools and equipment after use, keeping materials and equipment organized, running power cables neatly, and other related tasks.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment by following all safety regulations and alerting a supervisor of safety issues.
- Collaborate with all staff in the furtherance of Center Theatre Group’s goal of being an anti-racist theatre working towards Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for all. Encourage and empower everyone to speak out against racist workplace practices and policies.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
- Experience safely hanging, circuiting, focusing, and troubleshooting theatrical lighting equipment.
- Ability to read and understand light plots and circuiting paperwork.
- Basic understanding of electricity and how to safely work with it.
- Willingness to learn theatrical terminology for ease of onsite communication.
- Ability to take direction and work with others as a cohesive team.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people that are mixed across lines of differences such as race, gender-identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
- With advanced notice, ability to work a flexible schedule including morning, evening, and weekend hours.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 25lbs.
- Ability to regularly stand, stoop, bend, kneel, reach and climb in various positions to perform tasks.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high places.
- Ability to operate various personnel lifts. The company requires certification and will provide training.
CTG offers paid lunch hour and an employee assistance program.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
It is CTG’s intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the first date of employment.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary desired to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to the heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source. No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.