Priority Services Representative
|Work Schedule||Full-Time, varies with each production. At times, evenings and weekends will be required.|
|Status||Part-Time, Non-exempt, Hourly.
Flexible shift available 7 days a week. Minimum hours required per Priority Services department policy.
About The Company
We entertain. We create. We engage. We inspire. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, Center Theatre Group provides the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
The 180+ full- and part-time staff members who make all this possible are passionate about this place and their work. Whether it’s pre-show gatherings and Staff Nights at our theatres, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, or our annual holiday party, our staff is engaged with the art and one another. Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
Makes out-bound sales calls for Center Theatre Group subscriptions.
- Makes out-bound sales calls to patrons in order to sell subscriptions to Center Theatre Group’s theatre season. Makes a strong effort to maximize volume of calls, contact levels and sales. Supports the sales goals for the seasonal campaigns.
- Maintains minimum sales goals and hours set by the Priority Services department.
- Maintains an enthusiastic positive rapport with patrons by providing complete assistance and correct information with the utmost deference and friendliness when taking subscription orders.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales, both on patron order forms and for daily timecards, patron lead sheets and any other forms required by the department and company.
- Attends all training sessions and has complete knowledge of the productions being presented as part of the season for the Ahmanson, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatres. Has total knowledge of Center Theatre Group ticketing policies and how they relate to the patrons subscription order.
- Is a member of the annual renewal campaigns, if all requirements have been met.
- Maintains Center Theatre Group and Priority Services' high standard of customer service and professionalism when dealing with all patrons and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Attends an annual development review with the Director of Priority Services.
- Maintains a clean and neat environment in the Priority Services Bungalow.
- Makes considerable effort to attend all productions offered by Center Theatre Group as offered.
- Knowledge and essential skills
- General knowledge of live theatre
- Sales skill with a friendly and service-oriented demeanor
- Ability to work in a cohesive and respectful manner with fellow staff members
- Ability to communicate effectively and create an excellent rapport with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources in an articulate and persuasive manner telephonically and in-person
- Familiarity with telephone systems and office equipment
- Essential functions and capabilities
- Ability to speak English fluently is essential
- Bilingual is a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to sit in workstation, write and be on the telephone for long periods of time
- Education, Experience and Licensing
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- MUST have prior experience attending theatrical productions and have a passion for theatre
- Theatre Education/Experience helpful
- Sales experience desirable
- Center Theatre Group is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs, and impact of the organization when presented with opportunities for participating in membership development and reaching out to personal connections on behalf of Center Theatre Group.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Hourly wage plus commission and bonuses
The position will receive a competitive compensation. Center Theatre Group also offers a partial benefits package for this position to those who qualify.
Please call 213.972.7653.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote, and embrace a diverse workforce.