Senior Graphic Designer, Digital Specialist
|Reports to||Art and Design Director|
|Work Schedule||Full time/40 hours a week – Monday to Friday|
|Work Location||Los Angeles|
|Compensation||Starts at $28.02/hour, equivalent to $58,281.60 annualized|
About The Company
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential non-profit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, the Mark Taper Forum, and the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
As a nonprofit theatre, our mission has always been to reflect the community we serve and to harness the power of art to transform society. To that end, our organization is committed to bettering ourselves and embracing equity, access, and inclusion in all our work. In addition, we are committed to promoting an environment for our staff, artists, audiences, and colleagues that actively works against racism, harassment, and discrimination.
Work with the Art and Design Director, Senior Design Manager, Marketing Staff, and other departments in creating materials to promote Center Theatre Group. This role will be approximately 60% digital-focused projects, 40% print. Advertising (mostly web/social media), online graphics, print collateral, signage, posters, video campaigns, invitations, promotional giveaways, and sales materials among others. Responsible for design, project management, and interaction with assigned staff from project concept through production and delivery. All projects are expected to adhere to our branding guidelines and standards of quality. This is an on-site position only – local applicants only.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture
- Develop and/or participate in the development of visual campaigns.
- Create web and print-based artwork from concept to completion.
- Heavy photo editing/retouching.
- Create visual graphics for video and social channels
- Assist Art and Design Director and Senior Design Manager in execution of materials as needed. Complete projects on time, budget, within branding guidelines and standards of quality.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing project/task objectives.
- Coordinate directly w/vendors under the supervision of Senior Design Manager.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and values and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture.
- Assist in maintaining departmental archives, both digital and print.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Knowledge and essential skills
- Computer skills: Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Adobe Premier skills a huge plus.
- Workload can be extremely heavy, and turn-around times can be quick. The ability to work quickly is essential.
- Strong design skills: layout, type, photography, graphic elements.
- Strong creative skills: ability to conceive and create effective visuals.
- Strong attention to detail and graphics standards.
- Organization and production skills (including, but not limited to mounting, installing, cutting, assembling materials for presentations).
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously, establishing appropriate priorities and work procedures.
- Working knowledge of 4-color printing and production. Expertise in producing web and print-ready files.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with people of diverse/multidisciplinary backgrounds.
- All employees are expected to be familiar with, and adhere to Center Theatre Group’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Education, experience, and licensing
- Must have 5+ years of professional working experience in an agency or in-house position as a graphic designer.
- Graduate of an accredited training school in graphic design and production strongly preferred.
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for live theatre and entertainment preferred.
- Ability to sit, type, and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry 30lbs
- Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week. Flexibility to work overtime as needed
CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, paid lunch hour, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
It is CTG’s intention to have a workforce which is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster). New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination including booster (if eligible) prior to the first date of employment.
How To Apply
Tell us why you are the ideal person for this job.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your online portfolio (or pdf portfolio under 10 mgs) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to the heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.