Over the past year, CTG board and staff have completed a comprehensive Strategic Alignment Process that included outreach to over 800 artists, audiences, donors, and other stakeholders. It ensured that individuals were engaged in CTG’s future, and that everyone in the organization has an understanding of the purpose of the company and how the envisioned future will be achieved. The result of this work was a new articulation of CTG’s Company Values:
- Artistic Ambition – We create and present a broad range of outstanding live theatrical work that is bold, authentic, provocative, engaging, entertaining, and inspiring. We support artists working at the highest levels of their own experience and craft.
- Artistic Identity, Risk-Taking, and Innovation – The theatrical creative process is the center of our work. We collaborate with diverse, creative, and innovative artists, risk-takers, and boundary-breakers to bring great stories to life and create theatre magic.
- Centering Los Angeles – We are a civic institution anchored in the cultural vibrancy and rich diversity of Los Angeles, committing to represent the communities that make up our great city, country, and world by bringing theatre to our stages for Los Angeles audiences.
- Lifelong Learning, Inspiration, and Human Connection – We nurture a lifelong passion for theatre in our current and future generations. We center human connection through collaboration, inclusion, imagination, united in the power of storytelling.
- Respect, Compassion, Social Conscience, and AREDI – Guided by our social responsibility, we lead with respect and compassion. We create opportunities, cultivate relationships, and dismantle barriers using an anti-racist frame that strives to include marginalized, underrepresented, and excluded communities.