Going Pro Career Fair
Get ready to make the leap from college to your professional theatre career
Center Theatre Group, LA STAGE Alliance, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Theater, Film and Television, and University of Southern California (USC) School of Dramatic Arts present the Center Theatre Group Going Pro Career Fair, designed to help students get ready to transition to a professional theatre career. The event is open to current college and university students from any campus.
Schedule of Events
- RSVP in advance and arrive early to sign up for free headshots, auditions, and speed mentorship sessions—which are first-come, first-served. Click here to RSVP via Google Forms.
- Resource Fair—9:30am – 2pm
- Visit tables hosted by LA STAGE Alliance, Actors Fund, Actors Equity, and other unions to learn more about their work and the resources they offer theatre artists.
- Free Headshots—10am – 4pm
- Professional photographers are donating free headshots to the first 100 students who register and attend. Photos will be taken on-site and available digitally afterward. RSVP in advance and arrive early to get yours taken.
- Professional Theatre Open Auditions—12–3pm
- RSVP in advance to sign up for a limited number of audition slots, performing for producers and directors from Los Angeles theatre companies. Auditions organized by LA STAGE Alliance. These auditions are not for a specific production or to join a particular company’s membership, but rather a way for actors to introduce themselves to the performing arts community.
- Technical Theatre Jobs Networking Mixer—12–1pm
- Technicians, carpenters, electricians, stage managers, and designers: meet employers from multiple sectors, including theme parks and lighting companies, at this casual networking mixer. Food will be provided. Bring your resume!
- Speed Mentorship: 20-minute sessions—1–4pm
- Need a mentor? Sit down for a 20-minute meeting with a working professional. When you RSVP, let us know if you’d like to meet with a dramaturg, lighting designer, scenic designer, costume designer, sound designer, technical director, director, artistic director, producer, casting director, or stage manager. Speed mentorship sessions with actors and directors will be first-come, first-served.
- Casting & Type Workshop—11am – 12pm
- Join Center Theatre Group Casting staff for an interactive workshop for actors. What type of roles do you want to audition for? What kind of artist do you want to be?
- Financial Empowerment Workshop—2–3pm
- Theatre artists don’t do it for the money…but we still need to pay our bills. Learn how to manage your money, including best practices for independent artists.
- Mapping Your Future: What’s Your Dream Career?—3–4pm
- A creative, interactive workshop to help you plan your next steps beyond college. All participants will walk away with a personal career map.
Free box lunches will be provided (vegetarian & vegan options).
RSVP by Thu, Apr 5 at 5pm
RSVPs required to guarantee admission and be eligible for on-site auditions and headshots, and a free one-year subscription to Backstage upon check-in.
The event is open to current college and university students from any campus.
Los Angeles Theatre Center
514 S Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Questions or more information
Call Camille at 213.972.8031 or email Internships@CTGLA.org.