Going Pro Career Fair
This year’s totally free event for college and university undergraduate and graduate students will focus on People: from agents and managers to artistic collaborators, a healthy, supportive network is a key component of a career in the arts. Learn how to cultivate your network, make informed business decisions, and celebrate your own artistry and strength.
RSVPs required to guarantee admission and be eligible for on-site auditions and headshots, and a free one-year subscription to Backstage upon check-in. RSVPs close on Thursday, April 16 at 5pm.
- Check-In 9am
- RSVP in advance and arrive early to sign up for free headshots, auditions, and speed mentorship sessions—which are first-come, first-served.
- Resource Fair 9am – 2pm
- Visit tables hosted by local unions and service organizations to learn more about their work and the resources they offer theatre artists.
- Free Headshots 10am – 4pm
- Professional photographers are donating free headshots to the first 100 students who register and attend. Photos will be taken on-site and available digitally afterward. RSVP in advance and arrive early to get yours taken.
- Professional Theatre Open Auditions 12–3pm
- RSVP in advance to be eligible for a limited number of audition slots, performing for producers and directors from Los Angeles theatre companies. Organized by LA STAGE Alliance. These auditions are not for a specific production or to join a particular company’s membership, but rather a way for actors to introduce themselves to the performing arts community.
- Technical Theatre Jobs Networking Mixer 12–1pm
- Technicians, carpenters, electricians, stage managers, and designers: meet employers from multiple sectors at this casual networking mixer. Bring your resume!
- Speed Mentorship 1–4pm
- Need a mentor? Sit down for a 20-minute meeting with a working professional. When you RSVP, let us know if you’d like to meet with a dramaturg, lighting designer, scenic designer, costume designer, sound designer, technical director, director, artistic director, producer, casting director, or stage manager. Speed mentorship sessions with actors and directors will be first-come, first-served.
Free Workshops & Panels 10am-4pm (Exact Times TBD)
- The People You Hire: Agents, Managers & More
- Finding Your Collaborators: Making Theatre with Friends (Or Not)
- Conflict Resolution for Stage Managers & Others
- 100% That Boss: Entrepreneurship for Artists
- Success and Self-Care for Artists
Free box lunches will be provided (vegetarian & vegan options).
For questions or more information, email CareerFair@CTGLA.org.
RSVPs are required to guarantee admission and be eligible for on-site auditions and headshots and a free one-year subscription to Backstage upon check-in.
Los Angeles Theatre Center
514 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Food sponsor and lead school partner:
Auditions supported by LA STAGE Alliance