Going Pro Career Fair
Going Pro is Going Virtual!
In accordance with the latest government and public health orders, the Going Pro Career Fair has become a completely virtual event. While we’ll miss meeting all of you in person, we’re excited to try out a new way of supporting aspiring arts professionals! So on Saturday, April 18, instead of getting into your car or onto a bus and coming downtown, we invite you to stay in your PJs, turn on your computer, tablet, or phone, and get ready to connect with theatre professionals. We have a full day of informative, interactive online content planned.
While the event is free, reservations are recommended. RSVP by 5pm on Thursday, April 16 for more information about how you’ll be able to access all content.
The Going Pro Career Fair is intended to help current undergraduate and graduate students prepare for a professional theatre career; however, the virtual fair is open to any and all interested parties. This year, the fair will focus on people: from agents and managers to artistic collaborators, a healthy, supportive network is a key component of a career in the arts. Learn how to cultivate your network, make informed business decisions, and celebrate your own artistry and strength.
Workshops & Panels for Everyone
- Intro & Resource Roundup 9:30–10am
- The People You Hire Panel: Agents, Managers & More 10–11am
- Finding Your Collaborators Panel: Making Theatre with Friends (Or Not) 11:15am – 12pm
- Conflict Resolution for Stage Managers & Others 12:15–1:15pm
- 100% That Boss: Entrepreneurship for Artists 1:30–2:30pm
- Success and Self-Care for Artists 2:45–3:45pm
Opportunities for Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Speed Mentorship 12–4pm
- Students who RSVP in advance can sign up to participate in a 20-minute virtual meeting session with a working arts professional. Sessions will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Self-Tape Auditions
- Organized by LA Stage Alliance, there will be 100 slots for students to provide self-tape auditions to be seen by producers and directors from Los Angeles theatre companies. These slots will be filled first by currently registered students with any remaining openings filled on a first come, first served basis for those who RSVP.
- Free Headshot Sessions
- Center Theatre Group will provide 150 free miniheadshot sessions over the course of two days. Priority will be given to students who registered early. Sessions will take place later in the spring, with exact date to be announced.
- Free Backstage Subscription
- Students who RSVP in advance will receive information on how to claim a free year-long subscription to Backstage. The offer is only available to new subscribers.
For questions or more information, email CareerFair@CTGLA.org.
RSVPs are recommended for more information on how to access all the content and for special opportunities for current undergraduate and graduate students.
Lead School Partner:
Auditions supported by LA STAGE Alliance