Free Tickets for Playgoers 25 and Under
If you’re 25 and under, you’re invited to attend the first preview performances for free! We want you to be a part of the art, conversation, and change that starts on our stages, and to help us ensure the future of live theatre. To remove one of the biggest barriers that keeps young Angelenos from experiencing live theatre, Center Theatre Group is offering free tickets to the first performance of all productions at the Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre as well as select Ahmanson Theatre shows.
FreePlay tickets will become available by phone, online, and at the Center Theatre Group Box Office approximately two weeks before the performance, up until 30 minutes before showtime, pending availability.
Limit two tickets per account. Tickets purchased online and by phone include a $5 handling fee; there is no charge at the Box Office. All tickets will be held at Will Call and must be picked up 30 minutes before the performance or they will be released. Please bring ID (or any form of age verification); FreePlay tickets can only be used by audience members ages 25 and under. Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when FreePlay tickets become available.
If you have reserved a FreePlay ticket but can no longer attend the performance, please notify us as soon as possible. If you return your ticket, we can pass it on to someone else. If you do not collect your tickets you will not be able to reserve tickets for future FreePlay performances, and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Click here to access FreePlay tickets for current production(s). See below for a schedule of future ticket releases.
If you have any questions about FreePlay, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions, or call Audience Services at 213.628.2772.
Get Upcoming FreePlay Notifications
Subscribe to both “FreePlay” and "Promos & Offers" lists to receive first notice of upcoming ticket availability: Update Communication Preferences
Explore the 2018/19 Season of FreePlay
- FreePlay Performance: May 15, 2019 at 8pm
- Reservations start on May 1
- FreePlay Performance: May 26 & 28, 2019 at 8pm
- Reservations start on May 8
- FreePlay Performance: June 5 at 8pm
- Reservations start on May 22
- Two FREE* tickets for playgoers 25 and under for the first performance of each play (*$5 handling fee online or by phone)
- Tickets released approximately two weeks prior to each performance
- Tickets must be picked up (and age verified) at the Box Office day of the performance; tickets must be picked up at least 30 minutes prior to curtain or will be released for general sale
- You may attend as many plays as you want
- Enjoy the performance and help us ensure the future of live theatre!
Center Theatre Group's programs support the next generation of theatregoers, artists, and artisans, encouraging them to learn more about themselves, the world, and the arts. Through workshops, events, discussions, and other programs, we encourage, support, and connect young people with theatre, and with one another. Here’s a quick snapshot of some of our programs:
- The Backstage Club, our student (13–18) and family subscription at the Ahmanson
- The Crew, our Ahmanson subscription program for young professionals 21+
- Our Student Body mailing list will keep you informed of workshops and events for young people ages 13-23
- We offer Internships, Apprenticeships, and more resources for careers in theatre and the arts
- And more. Check out our Education programs to see all Center Theatre Group has to offer.