Free Tickets for Playgoers 25 and Under
If you’re 25 and under, you’re invited to attend the first preview performances for free! We want you to be a part of the art, conversation, and change that starts on our stages, and to help us ensure the future of live theatre. To remove one of the biggest barriers that keeps young Angelenos from experiencing live theatre, Center Theatre Group is offering free tickets to the first performance of all productions at the Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre as well as select Ahmanson Theatre shows.
FreePlay tickets will become available by phone, online, and at the Center Theatre Group Box Office approximately two weeks before the performance, up until 30 minutes before showtime, pending availability.
If you have any questions about FreePlay, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions, or call Audience Services at 213.628.2772.
Freeplay Performance: Jan 21 at 8pm (Opening Night)
Performance Length: 2 hours and 40 minutes
Sign up for our mailing list to get a heads-up when future shows become available.
- Two FREE* tickets for playgoers 25 and under for the first performance of each play (*$5 handling fee online or by phone)
- Tickets released approximately two weeks prior to each performance
- Tickets must be picked up (and age verified) at the Box Office day of the performance; tickets must be picked up at least 30 minutes prior to curtain or will be released for general sale
- You may attend as many plays as you want
- Enjoy the performance and help us ensure the future of live theatre!
We require all guests to wear a mask and provide proof of full vaccination, along with a government or education issued photo ID upon arrival. Per the guidelines set by the CDC, full vaccination means that at least 14 days have passed since receiving the final dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine. Booster shots are highly recommended and will be required February 1 for anyone who is eligible. Unvaccinated guests, including children or those with a medical or religious reason, must provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken no more than 48 hours prior to attending an indoor performance, or a negative rapid antigen test taken no more than 24 hours prior to attending an indoor performance.Learn More
Center Theatre Group's programs support the next generation of theatregoers, artists, and artisans, encouraging them to learn more about themselves, the world, and the arts. Through workshops, events, discussions, and other programs, we encourage, support, and connect young people with theatre, and with one another. Here’s a quick snapshot of some of our programs:
- The Backstage Club, our student (13–18) and family subscription at the Ahmanson
- The Crew, our Ahmanson subscription program for young professionals 21+
- Join our mailing list. Keep up-to-date with Center Theatre Group, its venues, and education programs with updates straight to your inbox.
- We offer Internships, Apprenticeships, and more resources for careers in theatre and the arts
- And more. Check out our Education programs to see all Center Theatre Group has to offer.