Friends Ticket Presale
Donate $100 or more to join Friends of Center Theatre Group and gain access to Friends Ticket Presales for an entire year. Members may purchase tickets at preferred pricing during exclusive presale windows for each production at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre produced or presented by Center Theatre Group. Membership is valid one year from donation date. Make your membership donation online today or contact our Membership Concierge at 213.972.7564 (Monday-Friday 10am-6pm).
Friends Ticket Presale Dates
- Membership donations must be received by noon on the date prior to the beginning of a presale window in order to get ticket access.
- July 2–23
- Latin History for Morons (Ahmanson Theatre)
- The New One (Ahmanson Theatre)
- Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake (Ahmanson Theatre)
- A Play Is a Poem (Mark Taper Forum)
- Jitney (Mark Taper Forum)
- On Beckett (Kirk Douglas Theatre)
- Until the Flood (Kirk Douglas Theatre)
- August 13 – September 3 (Donation deadline: Aug 12 12PM PST)
- The Last Ship (Ahmanson Theatre)
- September 5–24 (Donation deadline: Sep 4 12PM PST)
- The Book of Mormon (Ahmanson Theatre)
- October 15–29 (Donation deadline: Oct 14 12PM PST)
- What the Constitution Means to Me (Mark Taper Forum)
- November 5–19 (Donation deadline: Nov 4 12PM PST)
- Once on This Island (Ahmanson Theatre)
- The Antipodes (Mark Taper Forum)
- King James (Mark Taper Forum)
- Block Party (Kirk Douglas Theatre)
- Sakina's Restaurant (kirk Douglas Theatre)
- Note: The presale dates for 1776 will be announced at a later date.
How to Purchase During Friends Ticket Presales
- Check your email. Before single tickets go on sale to the general public for an upcoming show, we'll send you an email notification about your Friends Ticket Presale, with a special link to purchase tickets online. During this presale window, you will be able to purchase tickets at the preferred presale price by using the link when logged in to your account. You may also call Audience Services at 213.628.2772.
- Pick your date. Occasional special events, fundraising benefits, and select performances may not be available.
- Choose your seats. You may purchase up to 8 tickets at the preferred presale price for Center Theatre Group productions at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre.
- Save! There is always preferred pricing during the Friends Ticket Presale, which can be up to 30% off single ticket prices.
- For your reference, seating charts can be downloaded under Plan Your Visit for the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre.
- The preferred pricing received through Friends Ticket Presales is not valid on previously purchased tickets and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Handling fees will apply.
- Preferred pricing is only available when using the link provided in your Friends Ticket Presale email while logged into an account with a current Friends Membership.
- Tickets purchased during the Friends Ticket Presale window are neither transferable nor refundable.
- Ticket exchanges are available for a small fee.
Former Passport Members:
We are thrilled to announce our Friends of Center Theatre Group membership program. As of July 1, 2019, Passport has merged with Friends.
What’s changing for you? Not much. Through our Friends Ticket Presales, you’ll continue to enjoy the ability to purchase tickets, with preferred pricing, before the general public for all three of our theatres. Plus, you’ll enjoy these new benefits:
- Annual membership fee has decreased from $125 to $100
- Friends is a donor group, and so your membership renewal will now be recognized as a donation, and will be fully tax-deductible*
- During each presale window, you’ll be able to access more discounted tickets per production than before (previously 2, now up to 8 total). Discounts will match subscriber pricing.
- There are no restrictions on price levels or sections
- Your $100 Fan-level Center Theatre Group Membership also includes our member newsletter and membership card.
Active Passport members: Your membership transitioned into Friends in July 2019, and you retain your current membership expiration date. When your membership expires, you can renew as a Friend to continue your benefits. Contact our Membership Concierge at 213.972.7564 (Monday-Friday 10am-6pm) with any questions or to renew as a Friend.
*Your tax-deductible contribution receipt will be mailed to you after your next membership renewal.