How to Watch the Digital Stage
Log in for Digital Stage+ and Premium Events
For ticketed events, make sure you’re logged into our website at CenterTheatreGroup.org/Login with the same email login you used to reserve your event. You will find your event under “Now Playing on the Digital Stage” once it begins streaming. You may also view your purchase in the My Account section of our website. For on-demand events, members do not need to reserve a ticket in advance. If you're a member, just log in and the video will appear on the event page.
Depending on your digital device, you may be able to watch many of our Digital Stage events on your SmartTV with one of the below methods.
Screen Mirroring & Casting
For mirroring to an Apple TV or AirPlay compatible smart TV from an Apple (IOS) compatible device such as an iPhone, iPad or Mac computer please follow the instructions provided.
For mirroring to a Roku TV from an Android or Windows compatible device (IOS devices are not compatible with Roku) please follow the instructions provided.
For Google Casting to a TV from a Chromecast enabled browser or device please follow the instructions provided.
The most basic Computer-to-TV connection consists of running an HDMI cable from your computer to the HDMI input on your TV.
Please reference your TV manual for specifics about how to connect your computer to your TV.
Here are two good resources:
- How to connect a Windows laptop to a TV with an HDMI cable
- How to connect an Apple laptop to a TV with an HDMI cable
- Make sure you're on a fast, reliable internet connection. When a video plays in lower than expected quality, it’s likely because your Internet speed (bandwidth) or computer processing speed cannot support higher quality playback.
- Manually switch the quality of the video playback to a lower quality using the gear icon in the lower-right corner of the video player (see screenshot above).
- Try clearing your browser's cache and restarting it. Please also make sure you are using the latest, up to date version of a supported browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari)
- Try browsing in an Incognito or private browsing window. This will disable your extensions and clear your cache and cookies, which often improves performance.
- If you have any internet filtering devices for your home (such as Disney Circle or Net Nanny), please turn these off as they can interfere with video playback or connectivity. Once done, close and re-open your browser and try visiting our website again.
- If you have any other devices to try, sometimes that makes a difference.
Watching Fullscreen, Turning on Closed-Captions, Changing Video Quality, Etc.
Once the video has loaded in your web browser, you will have options to toggle on full screen viewing, change video quality, and view closed-captions (when available) in the lower-right corner of the video player. Once the video begins playing after you click the play button in the lower-left corner, this settings bar may disappear. Simply hover your cursor over the video player again and you should see the settings bar appear again.
Troubleshooting a Skipping or Buffering video
Are you experiencing buffering or playback issues with a video on the Digital Stage? Here are a few common troubleshooting tips to assist in this situation: