Free Tickets for Theatregoers Under 25
Celebrating our first five years! Since 2018, we have given out over 10,000 tickets to theatregoers just like you. If you are 25 and under, you are invited to attend the first preview performances for free! We want you to be a part of the art, conversation, and change that starts on our stages, and to help us ensure the future of live theatre. To remove one of the biggest barriers that keeps young Angelenos from experiencing live theatre, Center Theatre Group offers free tickets to preview performances for productions at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre.*
FreePlay tickets will become available online, by phone, and at the Center Theatre Group Box Office approximately two weeks before the performance, up until 30 minutes before showtime, pending availability. While tickets are free, a $5 handling fee will be charged when tickets are reserved online or by phone (the handling fee is waived when reserved in person at the Box Office).
NEW THIS YEAR! After five successful years, we are relaunching our FreePlay program and need your current information to verify your age; all participants who sign-up must be between 13 and 25 (minors under 18 must have include parental consent.) Email notifications will be sent when tickets become available for each production and select performance dates. Once a participant has surpassed the age limit, we will place the patron’s information on a list to receive general theatre information and ticket offers for various productions.
If you have any questions about FreePlay, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions, or call Audience Services at 213.628.2772.
If you like to be notified about FreePlay tickets, please sign up here.
*Some productions may not be available.
The FreePlay program is only for patrons 25 and under. However, Center Theatre Group offers low-cost ($25–$40) tickets at all our theatres...
- Two FREE* tickets for theatregoers 25 and under for the first performances of each production (*$5 handling fee online or by phone)
- Tickets released approximately two weeks prior to each performance
- Tickets must be picked up (and age verified) at the Box Office day of the performance; tickets must be picked up at least 30 minutes prior to curtain or will be released for general sale
- You may attend as many plays as you want
- Enjoy the performance and help us ensure the future of live theatre!
Center Theatre Group's programs support the next generation of theatregoers, artists, and artisans, encouraging them to learn more about themselves, the world, and the arts. Through workshops, events, discussions, and other programs, we encourage, support, and connect young people with theatre, and with one another. Here’s a quick snapshot of some of our programs:
- The Backstage Club, our student (13–18) and family subscription at the Ahmanson.
- Premiere Pass, our Opening Night subscription for theatregoers under 40.
- Join our mailing list. Keep up-to-date with Center Theatre Group, its venues, and education programs with updates straight to your inbox.
- We offer Internships, Apprenticeships, and more resources for careers in theatre and the arts.
- And more. Check out our Education programs to see all Center Theatre Group has to offer.