Working in Theatre Summer 2020 Series
Jump-start your theatre career this summer from anywhere with an Internet connection at our free, virtual professional development series. Designed for current college and university students studying theatre but open to all, the Working in Theatre Summer Series is a 10-week course focused on the skills and knowledge emerging professionals need to build a career in live theatre.
Inspired by the weekly lunchtime series we offer the students in our Internship Program, each webinar will feature guest professionals diving into their areas of expertise; we’ll also provide specially designed resource materials to augment the meetings. Whether you’re interested in technical theatre, design, acting, playwriting, director, administration—or just interested in building a career somewhere in theatre—you will take away skills and knowledge that will help you figure out what’s next.
- June 12: How to Work in Theatre in 2020 (And Beyond) | Watch Now
- June 19: Funding Your Projects: Grants, Fellowships & Other Forms of Support | Watch Now
- June 26: Understanding the Theatre Landscape: Unions, Contracts & More | Watch Now
- July 3: Diversity & Representation in American Theatre: Part 1 | Watch Now
- Diversity & Representation in American Theatre: Part 2 | Watch Now
- July 10: Paying the Bills: Personal Finance for Theatre Artists | Watch Now
- July 17: Mentorship & Networking: Building Your Community | Watch Now
- July 24: The Finances of Theatre: Managing & Producing Theatre | Watch Now
- July 31: Branding, Self-Marketing & Entrepreneurship | Watch Now
- August 7: Artistic Leadership & Finding Your Creative Voice | Watch Now
- August 14: Career Advocacy & Personal Manifestos | Watch Now
Watch Previous Sessions On Demand
Before watching: Download Pre-Reading Resources and Speaker Bios