College & Career Fair for the Arts
The College and Career Fair for the Arts is an annual free event hosted by Center Theatre Group, designed to provide arts-interested high school students and parents with information about higher education and careers in the arts.
College & Career Fair for the Arts 2021: Resilience and Change
Saturday, March 20
Artists are some of the most resilient and innovative people on the planet. This year, we invite current high school students, their parents/guardians, and high school educators to join us for a unique career fair celebrating the future of theatre and the arts.
This free, fully virtual event will help arts-interested students look ahead, to college and beyond. The Fair will feature both interactive live sessions, and prerecorded sessions available for viewing at any time. Attendees will also have access to free, virtual college counseling, the opportunity to chat with theatre artists in small groups, and a college fair with information about local and national higher education options.
Watch the plenary “What’s Happening in Theatre, Today.” and the pre-recorded workshops below:
- Plenary: What’s Happening in Theatre, Today. | Watch
- Future Canon: High School | Watch (Resources)
- College Applications for Artists | Watch
- Strategies for Addressing Trauma Through Theatre | Watch (Resources)
- The Skills Artists Need | Watch
- DIY Self-Tape and Virtual Effects Pt 1 | Watch
- DIY Self-Tape and Virtual Effects Pt 2 | Watch (Resources)
- Resume Tips for Your College Applications in partnership with The Art of Applying | Watch
- Write A Stellar College Application Essay in partnership with The Art of Applying | Watch
2020 College & Career Fair for the Arts
Last year’s event was hosted on YouTube. Please click below to view a playlist of videos focused on how to pursue careers in the arts..
Please sign up for our mailing list to receive information about application cycles and other career development programming.
Under 18: Sign up for the Student Body E-Blast here.
All others: Update your communications preferences to receive our Education & Community Partnerships emails.